Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Prayer Meeting

Over the last six months or so I've been spending more and more time in prayer. I have come to cherish that time with the Lord. I see miraculous answers to prayer almost weekly if not more often. Something that has been bothering me is that I fear I'm not doing enough for the kingdom of God. I look around I see a world that is hurting and is literally falling apart. I see people that have no hope and it breaks my heart. I want them to know the power of prayer. I want them to know the love of God. The God who longs for communion with His people.

And I see a church in this country is powerless and weak and often times irrelevant. If I see such amazing answers to prayer in my own life when I get down on my knees and I seek God with my whole heart what would happen if believers came together across denominational lines and got down on their knees and prayed sought God.
We know that God has said,

 “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
I hear that verse quoted all the time and there's a lot of talk and what we need is doers of the word and not only hearers.

During my prayer time this morning I felt like God was telling me to organize a large prayer meeting that crosses denominational boundaries. But, and this if very important, the purpose of the prayer meeting must be prayer and not entertainment or anything like that.
People always say that God told them this or that and I confessed that I struggle a lot with knowing whether my thoughts or inclinations are from God or not. But this desire to see people come together in prayer for our nation and for the church and for God to be glorified keeps coming back to me.

I read about the prayer meeting that Angus Buchan organized in his book Faith Like Potatoes and I envision something like that in my city and cities across the country. The truth is I don't know where to start and I don't have any money. But I am going to move forward in faith and let the Lord guide me and if it be his will and you will see it come to pass. But I must step out in faith and I must act. We see throughout the Bible faith without works is dead. We must step out and act as evidence of our faith and when we do God will meet us.



1 comment:

  1. It seems that God has been answering this prayer as I have been having prayer meetings on the Power of Prayer Revealed YouTube channel and it has been growing every week. https://www.youtube.com/c/PowerofPrayerRevealed

    ReplyDelete